Dinner is available for group bookings
We offer weekend-away packages for families or friends who want to celebrate a special occasion such as a birthday, anniversary, hen-party, retirement party, golf or hillwalking weekend away, photography club or art class group, small class reunion etc etc.
We offer the house for your party’s exclusive use. We provide dinner and one or two nights B&B as you require. We can cater for a maximum of 12 people – in six bedrooms.
Dinner is either
A 3 course set menu (€43) Starter, main course, tea/coffee & sweet meats
A 5 course set menu (€53) Starter, soup, main course, dessert, tea/coffee
Everything is home cooked using as much of our own produce as possible. Our proudest main course is local reared organic lamb, roasted with rosemary and served with our own red currant sauce.
You are welcome to bring your own wines and beers – we provide a wine fridge in the dining room and ice, glasses and champagne flutes etc.
We have a grand piano in the sitting room. We also provide a guitar, lyre, tom-toms, harmonica, and even spoons …!
We can arrange an activity/outing of your choice such as
- Photographic Portrait of your group/family with professional photographer Tony Geoghegan See http://www.tonygeoghegan.com/index.htm
- Hillwalking with professional hill walking guide Philip James. See http://philipwalking.com/hillwalking/
- Boat Tour of Lough Key with Lough Key Boats. See http://www.loughkeyboats.com/
- Golf – Carrick Course 5km, Boyle Course 8km
- Fishing or Shooting (according to season)
Or a visit to:
- The park for The Lough Key Experience
- Zip It at Lough Key Forest Park
- “Eagles Flying” to experience birds of prey up close
- Tullyboy Visitor Farm
- Arigna Mining Experience
- Boyle Abbey and King House
- Strokestown Park House, Garden & Famine Museum